Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I changed the password on my email and am able send email on…

I changed the password...

I changed the password ***** my email and am able send email on my HP but not on my iPad. The error is “SMTP***@******.*** is incorrect

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably 3 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Where is that. Is it the settings?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

5/1/2018
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

It will be easiest to remove and then re-add the email account to your iPad.

TO REMOVE ACCOUNT

From the home screen, tap Settings.

tap “Accounts & Passwords” OR “Mail”

From the Accounts section, tap the email account you wish to remove.

tap “Delete Account”.

tap “Delete” to confirm.

TO ADD ACCOUNT

In Settings > “Accounts & Passwords” OR “Mail” …

In the Accounts section, Tap “Add Account”.

tap your email provider (AOL, for example), or use "Other" if not listed

Follow the onscreen steps and provide the required information to configure your account. In the boxes provided you should enter your name, complete email address, password, and a description of the account.

Once you’ve entered your information, in the top right, tap Next.

After your account has been verified, in the top right, tap Save. (Note: Make sure that the Mail option is turned ON.)

When the account setup has been completed, test that it works properly.

Thanks and good luck!

This did not correct my prob. Now it says the user name or password ***** ***** for ********* is incorrect

Is this a CenturyLink account?

I ha e updated their card. Go ahead and remove connect
That is remote connect

There's a reason I've told you more than once to ignore Remote Connection offers. It is impossible to remotely connect to an iPad.

Is this a CenturyLink account?

This is a cent link acct

Ok, please try the alternative settings on this page:
http://www.centurylink.com/home/help/internet/email/setup-email-edit-settings-in-ios9.html

NOTE: for Step #2 on that page you may need to looks for "Mail" or "Accounts & Passwords" instead.

Working now

Great, glad to hear it.

If the current question has been answered to your satisfaction, please remember to rate my personal assistance accordingly when you get a moment. However, if you have any further questions on this topic, please let me know at any time.

John T. F., Apple Consultant