Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an IPhone 7 Plus and I have misplaced it in the house…

Customer Question
I have an IPhone...

I have an IPhone 7 Plus and I have misplaced it in the house the battery is dead and the app find my phone is not on us there anyway you can help me find my phone

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

How can I do that I cannot find my phone and

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can you guarantee that the Technician will find my phone

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
4/21/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Sheri, Mac Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Mac Support Specialist

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. If you had "Find my iphone" enabled and also had it enabled to "send last location" you can log into icloud.com from any computer browser and find the last location of the phone. Since the battery is dead, you will not be able to play a sound.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Let me try

Ok, let me know how it goes.

Will it work on my iPad
Hello

Yes, it will.

Ok please give me a minute

Ok thanks

Please wait

ok, just reply when you are ready. No rush. I check messages throughout the day.

Would it be possible for you to call me please

What trouble are you running into?

Well for me to go to safari I have to clear the history because when I click on safari I am connected to you and I don’t want to loose you
Well what do we do

All our chat messages are also in your email. You can reconnect to me that way. But, you can just open a separate tab in safari instead of changing our window, if that is what you mean.

Can you help me or not
I have an appointment have to leave the house soon

It seems as though you are not getting my replies. Look in your email and see the messages I have sent.

Let me know if you are getting all my messages.

I am
Can we do this fast please
I can’t be late for my appointment

Did you follow my instructions and log into icloud?

You didn't tell me the results.

I told you if I do that I will loose you

Then I sent you this:

I am confused
I will clear safari and email youbok

Not sure what you mean by clear Safari.

Can you help me please? Are you there ? When I go to settings what do I look for? It's telling me to go to my settings on my iPad and sign into icloud I went to settings cant see where I sign in?

How Do I Use Find My iPhone From A Computer?

To use Find My iPhone from a computer, go to icloud.com/find and log in with your Apple ID and password. All of your devices will appear on a map. Tap All Devices at the top of the screen to view a list of all the devices that have Find My iPhone turned on and are linked to your Apple ID. Tap on the name of each device to play a sound, put your device into lost mode, or erase your device.

Once you’re in, you’ll see a map with a green dot that shows you the approximate location of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. As long as it’s set up correctly, the service even works for finding your Apple Watch or Mac computer. That’s pretty amazing!

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Mac Support Specialist: Sheri, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 months ago

Regards,

Sheri-Expert