Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My track pad AND keyboard are cutting out. Won’t maintain a

Customer Question

My track pad AND keyboard are cutting out. Won’t maintain a connection. Not battery problem
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: IMac. Can’t remember if it’s Leopard or higher. Can’t bring it up
JA: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Realized it yesterday. Thought I was having battery problems with the track pad. The keyboard is doing the same thing. Light comes on couple of seconds. Then goes out.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s my problem.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Shut down your Mac.

Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.

Turn on your Mac.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.

Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

Release the keys.

Tell me how it then functions please