Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can’t transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone because…

Can’t transfer data from...

Can’t transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone because the new iPhone is asking for a password ***** an account that isn’t mine

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Last night, I deleted password ***** Old iPhone and reloaded it.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

We aren’t getting anywhere with that. Seem to be in a loop.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The Apple ID isn’t mine and I have no idea of the password!

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/15/2018
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

It seems there is an app on your iPhone which is associated with a different Apple ID then your primary. On your old iPhone do you any apps you cannot update?

Not that my husband, Paul, knows of. He did try a Roku app last year with our son in law ( of the foreign Apple ID. He just deleted it

OK, that might have been the app. I can assist you in doing the transfer through iTunes using your PC.

Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Please use the link provided below to join the remote session.

https://itcris.screenconnect.com/?Session=ba3772c0-05e7-4ae2-9752-7733c3d9bbd9

Can you send that link to his email***@******.***. It’s coming in my phone I’m Paul’s wife!

Unfortunately JustAnswer.com does not allow us to email customers. But I have made the link very easy for you to type. Just open a web browser and type it in the address bar.

https://tinyurl.com/yaw87ohy

I am still waiting for you to join the remote session.

Please reply back to me and let me know if you are still going to join the remote session.

Trying. Installed app on his phone. Can’t connect with your link,

I cannot connect to "iPhone". I told you that I would connect to your PC and do the transfer using iTunes.

Please use the link on a PC so I can remote in.

Are you going to connect from a PC?

No. We thought we didn’t have to at this point. We will do so now. Sorry.

Great, yes open the link from your PC and we can chat from there. I will explain what we will need to do.

He is connected.

OK

I apologize for not replying earlier with instructions.

But once you have the password ***** the Apple ID and can disable "Find My iPhone".

Plug the iPhone to the PC with iTunes that has the backup of older iPhone. Click on Restore and the backup will restore to the iPhone.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks, Cris.

Useless.

Were you able to proceed after retrieving the password?

The phone was working well for a few hours. When he went to settings to increase the brightness of the display, the wrong iTunes account re-emerged. When he put the code for it in, a secondary request was sent to our son in law for secondary confirmation and we gave up. The iPhone will go back to Verizon and/or an Apple store.