Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can you help me transfer all my Pics in Picasa to Roxio.

Can you help me...

Can you help me transfer all my Pics in Picasa to Roxio. Picasa has gone out. I need to Edit my pic. I want to make a slide show with music

Technician's Assistant: Which Roxio product do you have?

Creator nxt5

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roxio software?

I just had it installed. MY problem now is to edit my pics... Then make a slideshow. I cannot edit my pics in Picasa now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to know how to format a disk.. I have sent pic disks to friends and they say they cannot open them

I have windows .....Not Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/11/2018
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Could I offer secure remote services so I can see your setup and assist you?

Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
I want you to see my files....

Great, please use the link provided to join the remote session. Click on Agree then download and run/open the file.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3eb7a899-2bd0-4047-9613-db97a1ece65f

I am still waiting for you to join the remote session. Are you having issues?

Did you still want help with your issue?

You never connected to the remote session. Did you still want to work on your issue or do you want me to close out this request?

Help me ..You did not answer my question. You pulled up my correspondence with roxio. I have already downloaded Roxio. I wan to know how I can transfer all my pics on Picssa to Roxio The reason why....Picasa has closed. I want to make a slideshow with music . I have to edit them first. in Roxio
If you need to have remote session....then do it .. I just like an answer to my question. I don't want to pay if I do not get satisfaction.
How much longere before i hear from you

Here is the link "again" join the remote session. Earlier I waited for an hour for you to join you never joined or replied back to me to tell me if you were having issues. If you cannot join let me know.

https://itcris.screenconnect.com/?Session=f842406f-d494-4825-82a1-1139c3545ec1

Cris, I am still unable to transfer the pictures from Picasa to Roxio, Issue still not resolve

You never joined the remote session and the offer has since expired.

Let me know if you would like to do a remote session. I sent you the link last time and waited for more then 1 hour for you to join and you never did. Or never replied back to me. Please communicate so we can establish a remote connection and I can assist you.

Chris I was not on line all day as the server, CoX Cable was down. They had troube with the lines underground. I still need you expert help . Picass has closed. I have to transfer my files to Roxio, so that I can made a slide show. Thank you

Sure, I am on Eastern time and will be online from 7pm-10pm eastern time. What would be a good time for you?

Chris.. I need help
I want to transfer my pics from Picass to Roxio
The reason why- Picasa has closed
I would like to make a slides show of my Pics to show on the TV. and have music with them .
Now Chris, If you know of a better way that I can do this job, just let me know. Thanks
Chris, This afternoon, my server went down again, I was not able to contact you. Your efforts are appreciated. Fred

Please use the link provided to join the remote session.

https://itcris.screenconnect.com/?Session=a199fb0f-597d-4d24-8a18-18730e2f9cee

Chris I am sorry that I have missed you online... Cox cable has been down... There were times i could not open up your e mail.Can we contact today after 4:00 p. Can you phone me when you are online (###) ###-#### Fred

Sure, I will be online after 6pm today. I will message you here you are notified via email and we can go from there. I should be online for a few hours. And no worries this question/issue will not close out until we can to a conclusion on your issue.

Cris You there ?
Cris you there?
Cris I did not receive you invite... What happened

OK, I am at my desk now. Here is the link for the remote session.

https://itcris.screenconnect.com/?Session=54357171-5fad-4169-a95f-5c340d31f861

Cris...................I see you contacted me last evening at 6:00 .
I was not available then ... at dinner. They have restored my internet service... I regret having to put you off and hope that I can chat with you. Can you phone me to let me know when you are online. I am not at my computer all the time. (###) ###-####
Cris I will be online at 5:30 Check-in with me Fred

Hi Fred, I have not been online all day. But I am now and will be for the next few hours. Please reply back to me if you are available so I can remote into your PC.

Hello Chris...............

Hello, please use the link so I can remote into your PC.

https://itcris.screenconnect.com/?Session=7e721b01-8453-442a-ac67-60ae56628a63

Chris I have not received the answer to my Question. How to transfer pic in Picasa to Roxio. I see that they have charged me 46.00. I do not feel that I owe that if I did not get an answer. If you can give me an answer that will work, I don't mind paying .Sen me a mess as to what time you will be online . I will wait to get contact with you. You can show me how to do this. THANKS I appreciate your patience

I performed the remote session and I could not continue because you did not have Roxio installed. I attempted to install for you but you could not provide the Product Key in order to complete the install.

I then told you, you would need to reach out to Roxio support to get a product key that will activate their product. That is the answer, I am not Roxio support so I cannot give you a product key. Once you can get a product key you can finish the install and use Roxio. You can't use it w/o installing it. That is what I discovered when I was logged into your PC.

If you would like assistance with the install after you have the Key you can contact me here and I can remote in and do so.

Cris............. I have the product key and have had it confirmed...HOWEVER WHEN I PUT IT IN IT WILL NOT OPEN. You downloaded the the program, and at the end it would not take the key. I checked with Roxio and they say to copy & paste it to the browser. The key is not on the same screen and I cannot enter it.
Please Cancel my order and reply. .......... I thank you for your efforts. I am giving this up Please credit my account for &45.00.
I will find some other software. thank you
Cris I want to thank you for your efforts to help me find out how to transfer pics on Picasa to Roxio.
I have given up on this software. Since I did not get an answer I hope you will discount the $46;99 charge. I have paid to date 4/14 $5.00
4/!5 $ 39.00 4/15 31.00 and still did not get an answer to my Question

Before canceling are you trying to move to another photo editing software since Picasa is not longer supported correct? If so, is there a reason why you are using Roxio?

There are few different editing software which I can recommend and are free to use.

Thanks, You don't like Roxio? I want to transfer pic albums pcasa has stopped. I am afraid that I will lose my pics in transferring. .

First, Picasa, Roxio and other photos applications are soely applications for viewing your photos and doing any type of editing you would to do on your photos.

All of your photos are stored in the Pictures folder in your profile. Which I seen when I had remoted into your PC. So your not really transferring anything. You are just changing the default application to view photos. But you can delete pictures through the application if you want to.

However, what I am trying to say is that the application does not store your pictures. They are stored on your PC and any application you choose to use is only viewing/editing purposes.

Are the photo programs you suggest better than Roxio....or easier to use..?

The reason Picasa has stopped being supported is because Google wants users to move over to their cloud storage service Google Photos. Google Photos is cloud storage service which is totally free and unlimited storage.

All that is created to use is a Google/Gmail account. You can go to photos.google.com and sign in. You can also download the application that will upload the photos to Google Photos from the link below, you install the app and then point to the folder where all your photos are stored. Which is the My Pictures folder in your profile. It will upload all of the photos.

You can then organize and edit photos from the website, smartphone or tablet. This is a good source to have because you have a backup of your pictures in case your PC were to crash. This is where I store all of my pictures.

However, if you don't wish to use any Cloud Storage service you can download XnView which is similar to Picasa where you can view your stored folders and edit right on the PC. You can download from the link below just go to site download and run the installer file the site will download and install the application for you. Then you will have the icon on your desktop.

http://www.ninite.com/nxview/

Chris.........I don't think that you should charge me any more.. You have not told me how to transfer pic albums to Roxio.
I have paid $5.00 , 31.00 and 39.00
Please give me credit for the 46.00 Thanks Please let me hear from you, Chris
Chris, I just saw your reply to me about using I cloud. All my albums in Picasa have been edited with titles and places listed. Will I have to edit the pics again? Wow I have 15 yrs of albums in Picasa. I thought if I could move them all into I cloud as they are...already edited. would save me lots of time. Then I will not get my pics from picasa but from " my pictures" , Is this what .you are telling me?
Chris. If I use XnView...will I have to edit them all again?Next Question.... Tell me how to upload all my pics in picasa screen to external hard drive...just as they are. I am so afraid that I will lose my pics and want to do it the right way.
Chris................Many Thanks...I see all my photos and albums in I cloud... NICE However, they are not edited.. I see all the pics that I deleted. Tell me how to edit
I am so glad that I don't have to transfer my photos in Picasa to Roxio.......I only need to know how to edit them..in I loud........I...am satisfied and will pay the 46.00

So when you upload to Google Photos they will not upload with the folders and names you have already established on your PC. In Google Photos you can create albums select all the pictures you want and place them in the album. So for Google Photos yes you will have to create the albums and organize.

If you have a ton of pictures it will take some time. But if you get it all straighten out it is nice to have, because like I said they are in the cloud. Then you can access from "anywhere" the google photos app on iPhone, iPad, Android smartphone, tablet, Windows PC, Mac basically anything. So they are always at your convenience to view as long as the device has internet connection. I converted my entire library to Google Photos and I have thousands and thousands of photos. took some time but best decision.

If you use XnView the photos should have the naming convention and album you created this that is stored locally on your PC. Your entire photo library is stored in your profile. If you go to your profile and open the "My Pictures" folder. All of your albums/folders will display there you can copy that folder My Pictures to external drive if you like to make a copy. You will not be losing any photos by doing so. You can right clicking and copy then paste into the external drive.

Samething with XnView it is just a photo viewer application it doesn't import any pictures into the app. It is soely a software that opens the existing photos/files in your My Pictures folder and becomes the default application to open photos. It will not remove or delete photos unless you choose to.

I hope this answers your questions. I am also glad you are more satisfied with my service and help. I really strive to help customers to the best of my ability. Any positive review would be greatly appreciated which can be done at the top right of the page. Thanks, Cris.

Thanks Cris I appreciate your patience..

Your very welcome. Like I said I am just glad you feel I have assist you to where you feel comfortable with your issue.

Thank you,

cris i SEE ALL MY PICS IN gOOGLE pHOTO How will I edit them....All the editing I did in Picasa is gone.
I have to Delete, Move, Red Eye, Label album, name the people or date the album.

Google Photos does not have red-eye removal. You can delete, rotate, add filter and create albums.

Individually click on each folder you wish to edit. When the picture opens there are editing tools top right of the photo.

To create albums select all the pictures by placing a check on box on it. Top right there is plus sign click on to create album. It's pretty self-explanatory and easy to use Google Photos.