Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I purchased an Apple Ipad that had been reconditioned it has…

Customer Question
Hi I purchased an...

Hi I purchased an Apple Ipad that had been reconditioned it has now come up with a message saying that its owner has used "Find My IPhone" to link it to their Apple ID. It is asking for Apple ID and password ***** I thought I knew but not working can you please help?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No should I try that

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 3 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Morning Josh
No one has replied or given me any help yet. This email address is at my work not my ipad as I can not get into that. Do you need my email address on my ipad?

Unfortunately, there is no way around that feature. You need to contact the person who sold it to you to enter their information otherwise you will never be able to use it.

Will I still be charged for this?

This is a paid service -- You can contact customer service