Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I restored my iTunes account yesterday with help from

Customer Question
I restored my iTunes...

I restored my iTunes account yesterday with help from support and it sees my purchased tunes. However it shows all of the music I had downloaded but is unable to locate the files (that are MP's i moved from my dyeing desktop. I am afraid to sync my ipod and ipad in case it deletes allof the music currently stored. There have also been additions that arent' onn either of them Please help.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have a backup set up on iTunes or iCloud?

I don't know how to check that.

Technician's Assistant: How long ago was your music deleted?

This is on a new windows laptop that I loaded the MP3 files on. I recognizes that the music is there, but can't play the song.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it. Thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 3 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To copy music from the iPod or iPad to your computer, first open iExplorer on your new computer.

Then, go ahead and connect your device with its USB cable to your computer. Once the device is connected, iTunes may prompt you to sync your device - click "No" or "Cancel." Until all of your music have been transferred back to into iTunes you should avoid syncing the device to iTunes as, in some cases, doing this may result in the permanent loss of music from your device.

After your device is connected, iExplorer will display its Device Overview screen. You can return to this home screen at any time by clicking on your device's name in the navigation panel on the left. To get started transferring music, click Music in the middle panel. You can also access your music by clicking Media Library through the sidebar on the left.

From here you can browse your entire media library. Navigate through your music, playlists and movies in the left menu. Next, select the tracks or playlist you're looking to transfer to your computer. If you want to copy multiple tracks, click the ones you want while holding the control key.

At the bottom of the Media Library, click the Transfer button and a menu will open. If you want to export the playlist to a folder, click on Export Selected Playlist to Folder. Otherwise, if you're looking to transfer only the selected tracks, click on Export Selected Item(s) to Folder. A dialog box will open, and ask you to choose a folder. Choose a folder, and the transfer will begin.

this is a widows 10 os and doesn't appear to have iExplorer. is there a download link?

Yes, you can download iExplorer from

https://macroplant.com/iexplorer

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

it is not mounting my ipod and requires that i purchase a full version of the software to continue.

You can also do it manually using Windows Explorer without the iExplorer software.

Again, iTunes may prompt you to sync your device - ensure you click "No" or "Cancel."

how?

Follow the previous instructions, but when the iPod or iPad is connected open Windows Explorer to locate the file and manually copy them to the computer.

--------------------

Pete.

--------------------