Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When i purchased my new Iphone 7 the tech at AT&T changed my…

Customer Question
Hi, when i purchased...

Hi, when i purchased my new Iphone 7 the tech at AT&T changed my password ***** my apple id. i guess he misunderstood that my email address was wrong. so i need to change my email address and my password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

He changed it just before christmas last year

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, i was given this number at AT&T.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

Do you have access to a computer?

i am on my wifes
i do not wish to pay $39
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

You do not need to accept the extra services, they are not from me and i cannot even see them

Excellent, I need you to use your apple id and password ***** login as normal

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Login HERE

On your accounts page you will see a button to edit your email address

thats just it. i cannot login to anything using my apple id and password ***** they are wrong
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

How do you mean they are wrong?

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

The APPLE ID is nothing more than a user name, even if it is in form of an OLD email address you can still access your apple account

the email i am registered with is***@******.***. however, that email, no longer exists.
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

And this is also your apple ID?

but i cant because the tech at at&t changed my pass
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Changed the password ***** you apple ID?

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

You need to know that password ***** he changed it....... Call him and ask what he changed it to

If you cant get into the recovery email which is an old non working address then your really stuck with this

the user is the rocketmail address. i dont know the pass. the user should have been***@******.***
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

When you login and try to do a password ***** what happens?

he is no longer with the company and there is no record of what he changed it to. so then i guess i dont have a working phone
login in where?
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

NEVER allow anybody to change your apple password... Nobody is authorized to do that but YOU because of this exact situation

Now you are in a situation where you have a dead email for your recovery address and no way of knowing what he changed it to...

You MAY however have multiple options when you try to reset, everyones is different...

Click HERE then see if you can reset it and make sure you can access the email or phone number they send the reset info to