Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  4+ Years in Tech Support
98270431

How do I operate the dvd? Asus x555y lap top pc. I have no

how do I operate the dvd ?
JA: Who makes your media player? How old is it?
Customer: asus x555y lap top pc
JA: What have you tried so far with your media player?
Customer: i have no manual for this pc
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just if and how to operate the dvd

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Have you inserted a DVD into the drive yet?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can not get what looks like a DVD player to open ! It's a NEW ASUS # X555Y UNIT . LOOKS LIKE THERE IS A DVD COMPARTMENT ?

There should be a button in the center of the drive. Push that button. It should pop out a short distance, then you can pull it out the rest of the way.

The drive is on the right side of the laptop and you can see the rectangular seam of it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have pushed what looks like the DVD. But will not open . Any other suggestions ?

Okay, I can go ahead and remotely connect to your computer to resolve this issue. Please click this link and follow the instructions provided so I can connect: https://rickyk.screenconnect.com/?Session=fa13d000-68c3-4422-894c-f9b0b4cf96ee

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We're you able to connect in to my pc ?

No did you click the link? When you click the link it will download an application. Once you open that application (from your Downloads folder) I will be connected.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Use this to connect : 780 128 282
Pass 9734

That is a different program. I do not have TeamViewer. I cannot connect unless you use the link I provided.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did as requested

Those numbers you gave are from a different program. You need to click this link, which will download the file automatically, then open that file which will connect me. Here is the link again: https://rickyk.screenconnect.com/?Session=fa13d000-68c3-4422-894c-f9b0b4cf96ee

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Looks like you are in ?

Yes, thank you.

Your laptop is not equipped with a disc drive. If you would like to use a disc you will need to purchase an external disc drive. You can get one fairly cheap from Amazon.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am going to send this pc back . $40.00 bucks to find out this POS has not a DVD!

Sorry about that. Most laptops are no longer equipped with DVD drives as they are outdated, but there are some out there.