Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I do not remember my passcode for my new Iphone5. Don''t…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl...

Hi Pearl I do not remember my passcode for my new Iphone5

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Don''t ever remember setting a passcode. Martha

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I cannot openthe phoneat all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you I have a techie friend that will lead me throughusing the phone when I can open it. Whatdo I need to converse with the Mac Expert?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the passcode. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

I do not have backup in my phone that I know of. It is new and I truly don't remember what is on it. Martha
Can you fix this without the extra fee? I am an OLD LADY and on limited income. Martha

You already paid for this question. Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.

I assume this $39 is in addition to the fee of $50 I alreadysigned up for. But,I also remember that I can cancel the $50 service within 30days at not cost. Please let me know if I am wrong. I cannot afford both. M
Any idea how long I will need to wait to get Karthik to get back to me? Martha

I am really sorry for the delay, I am not sure about the payment information. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service for payment related question by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support or You can also reach them via Phone: 1-***-***-****

Now, Do you have any computers like Windows or Mac? Because we need to connect your computer to the apple device for restoring the apple device.

Will you need the MEID number for my phone? I just lost what I had previously typed - so am retyping it.
I have Windows 10. Do you need anything else? M

Can I have the model number?

Where do I find the model number? On the box it reads Model A1533. Is that what you need?

Now please check in your computer if you see any iTunes install in the computer or not. If that computer doesn't have any iTunes application. Please click on the link below for downloading iTunes in this computer: https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/itunes12/091-76333-20180329-6D5B026C-32F7-11E8-A675-99BAB071F5CF/iTunes64Setup.exe

Once the file downloaded please follow the instruction for installation:

1. Run the iTunes installer.

• Double-click the iTunesSetup.exe file to install iTunes. At the Welcome screen, click the Next button. The installer displays the License Agreement dialog box.

2. Click the option to accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next.

• You can scroll down to read Apple’s License Agreement. You must choose to accept the agreement or the installer goes no further. After clicking Next (which is active only if you accept), the installer displays the installation options.

3. Choose iTunes installation options.

• You can turn the following options on or off: (a) Add iTunes and QuickTime Shortcuts to My Desktop and (b) Use iTunes as the Default Player for Audio Files.

4. Choose the language iTunes should use.

• The default language is English (U.S.). If you want to use a different language, select one from the drop-down list.

5. Choose the destination folder for iTunes.

• By default, the installer assumes that you want to store the program in the Program Files folder of your C: drive. If you want to use a different folder, click Change to use Windows Explorer to locate the desired folder.

6. Click Install to finish.

• After you click Install, the installer finishes the installation and displays the Complete dialog box. Click Finish. Restarting your Windows PC after installing software is always a good idea.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

I must leave for work now. I did not get Itunes installed. I will not be able to be in touch until Thursday. Sorry but this has taken far too long. M

I understand, You can reach us any time and we will provide you the solution.