Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

We have 2 I-pads that are about 4 years old. One of them…

Customer Question
We have 2 I-pads...

We have 2 I-pads that are about 4 years old. One of them won't turn on--it says it is disabled and to connect to I-tunes but when I plug it in, my computer says that it cannot connect to the I-pad because of unknown error. I have tried turning it off and back on without a change.

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPad?

I don't know. How can I find that info?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last reboot?

I don't have a Mac, I have a PC

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have an I-phone but don't think it is connected to the I-pad either. Don't know what else you need to know

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Mine is not an email question, it is about getting an I pad to connect to I tunes
4/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 3 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

What is the exact error code?

OzE8000015 Unknown error
  1. Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
  2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to shut down.
  3. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  5. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then restore the device.
  6. Follow the prompts in Setup Assistant and proceed to "Set up your device."
  7. If you used iCloud for backup, tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
  8. Proceed to "Choose backup," then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.