Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Have used iPad for years but never sorted out password

Customer Question
Have used iPad for...

Have used iPad for years but never sorted out password ***** Have changed my email address from***@******.*** to***@******.***. Can I start from beginning with current email and get a new password?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Changed email several months ago. Never did change password ***** forget what it was

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, because have new email address. I know, hopelessly no tech savvy

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks tho no doubt. Expect more trbl ahead for me

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 3 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today.

To make sure I don't miss anything, please tell me more about your question. thanks

Have gone thru this already. My new email adde is [email protected] I put in a new password ***** directed. Now I'm waiting for answers
Guess I'm getting nothing here. I've already paid 5 dollars with visa. Did I fail to make clear what my prob is?
Okay, no response. I would like to discontinue this process and have my visa 5.00 returned to my visa acct

Hey, I am here to help you, can you tell me if you were able to create a new gmail account as you wanted. But you mentioned that your yahoo account was the old one, do you want to forward all email from the yahoo one?

No, my email address is***@******.*** and has been for months, I do not want to pay for some extra security. All I want to do is fix up my mac iPad with a new password ***** my current email address. I haven't ever been able to access the App Store because of the confusion over passwords. If u can straighten this out much appreciated. I also don't understand the "good faith" payment of 5 dollars as I thought macintosh provided tech support free

Yes, I can certainly help you with your passwords, lets work on it together, we will do them in steps together. About the payment, honestly I don't deal with it, you can contact our customer support line or email them. Here is the info to that: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

To start, since I dont see whats on your iPad, lets change/update the password ***** your gmail account thats on your iPad since you said it has a new password ***** Here are the steps for that:

On your iPad

Go to Settings

Accounts and passwords

Tap on your gmail account

Then tap Delete Account

Then Add the Gmail account back

Try the above steps, let me know if you have any questions

No thanks. Can't find gmail account on settings. Thanks, ***** *****'t know if I,m dealing with mac or an independent entity. I will try to straighten out problem locally. Won't be continuing with just ask. Thanks for trying

No problem, i understand. To close this question out, If you can kindly please take a moment to rate my service (hopefully 5 stars :) ) and press submit at the top of your question page once you have a moment.

Thanks :)