Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a mid-2014 Retina MacBook Pro that I use to project…

Customer Question
I have a mid-2014...

I have a mid-2014 Retina MacBook Pro that I use to project Keynote onto two external displays. All three screens are used for my confidence support while speaking [the audience never sees them]. The cable from the TVs goes through a Black Magic switcher in Tech Booth. It's HDMI until it hits the stage and we use an adaptor to go from HDMI to Thunderbolt. Problem: If I touch the small table during a presentation, which I like to do [want to be more casual]— the two external displays go black. Sometimes 1-2 seconds; sometimes for over a minute. I know it has something to do with static electricity - but we installed a anti-static deal on the table that I touch…but it still does it. What is going on?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook Pro (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

No - don't believe I heard of this. I'm not in the theater at the moment— is this something I can do just with my laptop and then try it in real-time later? Or should I wait and do it when I've recreated my scene?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Should I try your suggestion before?

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Mac
4/4/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 17 days ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
It’s an ongoing issue that seems to be repeating more often, not good when I’m speaking to 300-400 people.
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I saw your request for remote access. Although I’d like a resolution - in fact, need it - I can’t carve out the time today. I am in my cave writing all day./.

OK let me know when you are back

Mike, Mac Medic