Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I locate my lost or stolen IPad if I cannot remember…

Customer Question
How do I locate my...
How do I locate my lost or stolen IPad if I cannot remember my Apple ID password ***** am using another IPad? I need to create a new password ***** open the locate my IPad function so I can find it. Can this be done?
Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Mac
4/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 20 days ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

Yes, to locate your lost ipad you need to sign in to your icloud account online here: and then you can locate the ipad. However, the option for Find my device has to be turned on your lost ipad and if the ipad is not connected to the internet it will show offline. I can certainly help you in getting to the part of checking where the iPad is provided the find my device feature was turned on.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
The find device is on my IPad, but if I do not have it, how can Tibet turned on? And, I do not remember my password ***** my Apple ID. Can I reset my password *****?

Unfortunately the find my device option has to be turned on - on the device itself... As for your Apple ID password, yes you can reset that remotely, let me get the steps for you, one second, be right back

From your second iPad, Follow these steps to reset your Apple ID:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password, then follow the onscreen steps to update your password.
  3. For iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password, then follow the onscreen steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
If it costs more than this connection, I don't know. The other IPad is my husband's and I do not want to change any of his information. When I went to iCloud, his name came up and in the setting,app I did not know how to change my password ***** from an IPad or computer that is set with someone else's information. We are in our 70's and using technology can be challenging!

no problem. i can help.. if you have access to a computer, you can try these steps below to reset your password

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Ameen, can you provide the answer re how I can reset my password ***** my Apple IPad from someone else's IPad without changing the user's information on that iPad. I do not remember mine and do not want to reconfigure anything else on his. I went to settings and got the iCloud account, but when I tapped his name, I'd do not want to put in mine because I thought it would change his information. Help!

Got it, you can follow these steps.. On that other iPad, open up Safari app. Then go to this link: https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

and then follow the below steps:

1. On that webpage click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.
  2. Enter your Apple ID.
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose how to reset your password:

Let me know how it goes. i am here to help you and assist you with any followup questions.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Thank you, ***** ***** able to reset my password ***** Apple. Now, how can I access my email? Do. I go
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
To google mail?

Great work! yes, go to this link: www.gmail.com

Mike, Mac Medic