Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot remember my iPad passcode and it’s licked, When it…

Customer Question
I cannot remember my...

I cannot remember my iPad passcode and it’s licked

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

When it was set up

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No how do I do that

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the exact message you have on your device?

Please let me know

Enable passcode. Your passcode is required to enable Touch ID
Just tell me what to do

Do you have a windows or mac computer there?

Please let me know

No it’s my iPad. I have a second iPad and an iphone

ok, you will need a computer to resolve this, please message me when you are at one

I am now at a Toshiba computer

thanks

Do you have itunes installed on the computer?

No but I have it installed in my other ipad

Install itunes from www.itunes.com

Let me know when you have please

I have an appointment so I will continue this in the evening. Is that okay. I didn’t realize it was going to take so long

No problem, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Also I see my credit card was changed 40.00 instead of 5.00

yes, thats the cost of the service

I thought it was a free trial.

no the service is not free... when you read it you see you get a free trial for a membership.

but this is my livelihood, it would not work of course if I just did this for free.

I hope you can understand

If we stop now will you credit the 40.00 since I don’t have iTunes on a computer. I cannot afford this. I am retired and on a fixed salary. I’ll just do without the iPad.

well you now know how to solve it... which was the point of the service, but I will organize a refund so you do not need to pay me for the answer.

I wont be able to respond back now

No I don’t know how to solve the problem. I’m not that computer savvy. Please credit my account the 40.00 and thank you