Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My mini ipad asked for my cloud email address and password…

Customer Question
My mini ipad asked...

My mini ipad asked for my cloud email address and password ***** with incorrect responses, it is now locked

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not since I have owned the ipad

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Not yet, I am not sure of my icloud address either

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
4/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the exact message you have on the screen of the iPad please?

Activation Lock This iPad is linked to an Apple ID. Enter the Apple ID and password ***** were used to set up this iPad. *****@******.***
Apple ID ***@******.***
Password Required
* I can not find where I have written down this icloud ID..it is either***@******.*** or***@******.***
But I have no idea of the password

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password

Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.