Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad mini is showing that there is a software update, but…

Customer Question
My iPad mini is...

My iPad mini is showing that there is a software update, but when i click to update, nothing is showing up. It just keeps saying "checking for update"...

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

10.2.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I'm just noticing it today for the first time. This is actually my daughter's iPad and not used very often. I tried restarting the iPad. I also tried connecting it to my computer to update through iTunes. That is also not working. My son has the identical iPad and I was able to update his just fine

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Mac
4/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 18 days ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the version of the iTunes? You can check the itunes version but clicking the Help>about iTunes.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
hi its version 12.4.3.1
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
i believe this is the latest version
What is the operating system of your computer? Is it a Window 10/8/7 or Mac OSx ? Because for Windows computer 12.7 is the latest version.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
its Mac OSx
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 17 days ago

I am sorry for the delay, Can I have the model number of the iPad mini?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
the model number is *****

In this case, please try to check if you have any updates is there in the iTunes or not.

1. Make sure that you've quit iTunes.
  2. Open the Mac App Store.
  3. Click on the Updates tab.
  4. The Mac App Store will check Apple's servers for updates. If it finds an update to iTunes, it will display an Update button. Click the button to download the update.
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Well this brings me to my next problem. When i try to download anything on my Mac from the App Store, it asks for my apple id and password. When i enter that info, it denies me and asks if i forgot my password. But this is the same apple id and password ***** use on my iPad and iPhone. What could the problem be on my Mac?

Could you provide me the apple ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available. Your apple ID is normally your email address which is register with the apple.

Can I have the trusted phone number which ends with ‎(•••) •••-••44?

You can now reset your password ***** one of your devices. A message with instructions has been sent to iPhone (iPhone 8 Plus), Blake’s iPad (iPad mini 4), and your other device. If you don’t have access to your devices, please let me know.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
it came to my phone and i just reset the password
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
The same problem is still occurring. It asks for my password ***** i enter. Then it says a verification code is needed. The verification code is sent to my phone, but on the Mac, its not allowing me to enter a code. Its saying to enter the password, then the verification code, but after i try to enter the password, it asks if I forgot my password

Now please do check and update is there for an iTunes in the Mac store.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
It says I have the current version on iTunes. The Mac wants me to update to Sierra but it won't allow me without the apple id password
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
But it is saying there are no updates in the Mac App Store

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 16 days ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Press Command+Space to open Spotlight search and type “Disk Utility” and press Enter.

In the Disk Utility application, select the disk or partition to check — which in this case is the system partition is named “Macintosh HD” by default — and then click the “First Aid” button.

Note that the First Aid function can run on an entire disk, or an individual partition depending on what you select.

Click “Run” and the Mac will check the disk selected for errors automatically fix any errors it finds.

After running the utility, restart the computer and test to see if the issues are resolved.

Please let me know the result.

syseng
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer