Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Alternating apple symbol and question on start up. IMac 8…

Customer Question
Alternating apple symbol and...

Alternating apple symbol and question mark on start up

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IMac 8 years old Yomsemire

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

Locked up last week - took into a tech and he reloaded the iOS - said it was a

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

A partition problem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
4/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Shut down your Mac.

Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.

Turn on your Mac.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.

Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

Release the keys.

then tell me how it then starts please

Thank you