Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How can I get my ipad news to stay open and searchable???

Customer Question
How can I get...

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

How do I find out ?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Long Time, over ayear.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm Challenged When it comes to these devices.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 3 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

To make sure I don't miss anything, please tell me more about the ipad news question you have. Thanks

Thanks
My IPAD keeps shutting down when I'm in news. It will not stay open and allow me read all the articles I want too. IT appears I'm running IOS9.3.5
Where's the response???

I see, thats strange.. Just asking some follow up questions before I give you the response. Is it just the app shutting down or the whole iPad turns off?

Not doing secure remote assistance!!!

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it. That is sent automatically by the system.

To start off, can you kindly try the below steps first and let me know how it goes and then test your news.

1. Press and hold the 'Sleep/Wake' button and the Home button together until you see the Apple Logo (usually about 10-15 seconds

Then the ipad will restart

The app just turns off and returns to the original page of choices ,settings ,news etc.
Which is home button?
I did as told, and it just goes back to first screen, settings app store, news.
OK How do I get secure assistance,because I'm on laptop,now how do I get you on IPAD????
OK how do I get you on my IPAD for secure remote assistance????
I'm sorry but I've got to go I get up very early for work. Thanks for nothin' Bob

THe home button is the one in the bottom middle. THis is the first step we are trying. Please hang in there, we need to work together.

Press and hold the 'Sleep/Wake' button and the Home button together until you see the Apple Logo (usually about 10-15 seconds

Then the ipad will restart

This usually fixes the issue, please try and test and let me know. Thanks