Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to activate outlook on my laptop with 365 home

Customer Question
I want to activate...

I want to activate outlook on my laptop with 365 home software and sync to my desktop

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?

Yes, my desktop.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to sync up my documents from my desktop to my laptop.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
4/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 2 months ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today. How may I help you today? I understand that you wish to activate Outlook 365 on the laptop and sync it to the desktop. May I ask what is meant when you say that you wish to "sync" them?

To start with, let's activate outlook on my laptop.

Before we begin, I must know what it is that you need help with. So you wish to activate Outlook. What else needs to be done after that?

Just walk me through it.

I am sorry for the confusion. I am not explaining this correctly.

Before we begin, I need for you tell me exactly what you need help with. Beyond activating office, what do you need help with?

Be able to view documents currently on the desktop with my laptop.

Which version of Windows is running on the Desktop?

Home 365

That appears to be the version of Office you are using. I am asking which version of Windows you are running on the Desktop.

Which version of Windows is running on the laptop and desktop? Possible answers are XP, Vista, 7, or 10.

My account says Office 365 Home

That is the version of your Office. I am asking you which version of Windows you are running on both of the computers.

Windows 10

As far as activating goes, how far along in the process are you? Is Office 365 installed?

What problem are you having when you attempt to activate it?

I will use the Geek Squad to solve the problem instead.

Thank you

Mike, Mac Medic