Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Apperently,after recent update, I am locked out because of…

Customer Question
Apperently,after recent update, I...

Apperently,after recent update, I am locked out because of incorrect password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Apparently, after recent update, I am locked out because of incorrect password... What is next step to get this corrected?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Followed commands several times and told to contact Apple Support

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Why do updates result in having to always reset passwords?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/3/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Apple ID question.

With your Apple ID, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue'.

(This may be done on any computer or smart device with internet and web page access.)

And that password ***** open your device - if it isn't an Apple (or Windows!) computer, which may require a different procedure.
- If this answers your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer.com question page. A five-star rating would be appreciated!
(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)
Thanks.