Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My IPhone 7 was damaged and during the damages it went into…

Customer Question
My IPhone 7 was...

My IPhone 7 was damaged and during the damages it went into a factory reset on its own. i had the screen replaced and could not remember my apple password ***** i went online and tried to have the reset info sent to the email address attached to my apple id and it will only send it to the phone number attached to the account

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It offered me an option to have the reset sent to my phone number or email. i choose the email

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 3 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about Apple ID. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password? I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I have tried to recover from iTunes backup. i have went online to have the password ***** but it is sending it to the phone that was reset accidentally during the damages
is it possible that i have you call me on my phone to work on this?
Ok Thanks.
I was able to connect to my wifi but it is still requiring my apple ID and password
are you still there?