Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm setting up a new airport extreme. When the base station…

Customer Question
I'm setting up a...

I'm setting up a new airport extreme. When the base station appears in my airport utility it already has a name (Carlos' Airport Extreme) and clicking on it asks for a password. No other options are visible.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

A couple of years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don't know what that tool is. But the problem is NOT with my Apple account. It is that the Airport Extreme already has a unique name and wants a password ***** I can get into it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. That is it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 3 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about Airport. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Have you tried resetting the device?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Never mind. I worked it out/ Thanks.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!