Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I forgot the restrictions code. IPhone 6. I have no idea.

Customer Question
I forgot the restrictions...

I forgot the restrictions code

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

iPhone 6

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I have no idea

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Where do I find that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just need that to be able to factory reset my iPhone

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 3 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about restrictions code. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Are you ok with erasing the device?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I’m ok but it’s not the device I’m currently on
I’m trying to factory reset

That is ok. The way you do it is through a restore of the device in recovery mode. Do you know how to get your device into recovery mode?

But forgot the restrictions code

that is fine. Do you know how to get your device into recovery mode?

Where do I access that?

Recovery Mode Steps:
Plug your iOS device into your computer and open iTunes.
Hold the Power Button (3 secs)
Continue holding the power button and also hold the home button (15 secs)
Release the power button while continuing to hold the home button (10 secs)
Your device should prompt with the "Connect to iTunes Screen"