Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I received an email from Apple telling me that my account…

Customer Question
I received an email...

I received an email from Apple telling me that my account had been locked because of suspicious things. Case ID# ***** Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Over a year ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 3 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a SCAM message as there are many SCAMs out there like this. DO NOT do anything mentioned in that message. Always ignore this kind of messages asking for the personal info especially credit card and SS number.

Since you got the message, you should immediately change your Apple ID password. You can change it from the official site, here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

You should also enable the Apple's two step verification security measure. This will protect your Apple ID from hacking. Refer this article --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.