Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wife`s ipad has had Pandora music system on for a very…

Customer Question
My wife`s ipad has...

My wife`s ipad has had Pandora music system on for a very long time. As she is a subscriber and gets commercial free service. Last week the service stopped with out any visible cause. When trying to connect a page appears and says cannot connect to Pandora. Please check your network connection and try again later. The settings indicate that wifi is not connected. We have no problem with Facebook or email. Our main computer is operating correctly. Our carrier, Media com says everything is operating wifi and the modem. So, all is connected properly except Pandora. Her ipad is an Apple. BTW, my wife is difficult to live with as she loves her music from Pandora. Help!!!!

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPad?

I believe so. should I go to settings to see?. Bluetooth indicates on. wifi is Rafe 5g .that indicates wifi off.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

Funny you should mention. the router has all lights solid.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Being a"Computer dummy" I have no other questions

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
I have been waiting well over 8 minutes. paid your $5.00 How much longer is this going to take?
4/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 3 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about Pandora. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Are you able to sign into Pandora through safari?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I don`t think so. I think Firefox/Mediacom I hope that answers your question. I am passing on securely connect. Does this mean I cannot get an answer.?
Noting else

Well we need to try and sign in to pandora.com to make sure you can access the account. If you cannot you will need to gain access.

OK, I will sign in to pandora.com. I have signed in more than once, but all I get is what I said earlier. "cannot connect to pandora" it say try your network connection

What browser are you using?

Do you mean Mediacom/ of Firefox?

Firefox. Can you use another browser?

I am not sure. suggest another browser available to me. AND how could I use another

Safari, Chrome

safari chrome "could not find the network "safari chrome" as per prompt

Can you search google.com?

I have google

Can you search google.com?

ok. what happens when you go to pandora.com?

Blank page Indicates 'cannot connect to pandora, pleas try your network connection and try again later. also I mentioned previously that the modem`s lights are all lit but none are blinking

Use this website and see if it will load.

https://www.proxysite.com/

Justin! Her iPad does not show google. Her desk top has many icons but no google. However I can get google on my my apple can I use my apple?

I have not told you to look for an icon...

Then that answer is no.

https://www.proxysite.com/

her iPad does not show google

It does not show google.com in safari?

I found it!!! I down loaded it, but when I hit open it went to the previous cannot connect to pandora

can you search google.com?

Doesn`t look too promising. ASI said I found google, hit pandora and it immediately went to the no can connect .

Does it work when you are not at home?

Hard to know! However it does play as we arrive home. So that answer is yes

So where does it not work?

right now it isn`t working anywhere.

But it did work at one time?

I wanted to mention. I followed instructions just now and it said to uninstall and reinstall. I uninstalled but am at a loss as to reinstall. Help

The pandora app?

pandora app and it worked fine for many months

You can download it again from the App Store