Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

A few weeks ago, i purchased Trend Micro for my 3 Macs. I…

Customer Question
A few weeks ago...

A few weeks ago, i purchased Trend Micro for my 3 Macs. I can't seem to get rid of Kaspersky's hidden files. Trend trells me that i can't load it until Kaspersky is ALL gone. Just this Am, Kaspersky asked me to buy it again. Since you have 'dumped' Kaspersky, i need to get trend Micro installed. help.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

El Capitan, 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far to uninstall your Trend Micro software?

I don't want to uninstall Trend Micro. I want to uninstall Kaspersky. Are you a native English speaker. If not, i only want to talk to one.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 3 months ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Welcome to justanswer.com a fee based Answer site. My name is ***** ***** verified Mac Expert not affiliated with Apple. Please reply to continue.

Did you try this?

1. Download the standard uninstallation tool for Kaspersky Security for Mac.
  2. Double-click the downloaded archive.
  3. Open the file Kaspersky Security with the extension *.dmg.
  4. In the Kaspersky Security window double-click Kaspersky Security Uninstaller
  5. https://support.kaspersky.com/images/home_ksmac_8366_05_en13-145359.jpg
  6. On Introduction step Kaspersky Security Uninstaller will notify you, that after you proceed with the uninstallation process, all the protection components will be disabled and all the files in the quarantine and the backup will be deleted. In order to continue click the Uninstall button.
  7. To start the uninstallation process enter your password ***** click the OK button.
  8. Wait until the process is complete. If the application is uninstalled successfully, then in the left part of the window the Conclusion item will be selected. It informs you that the uninstallation is completed. To close the uninstallation tool click the Finish button.