Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  4+ Years in Tech Support
98270431

Trying to load a Sony camera app PlayMemories Home onto my

Trying to load a Sony camera app PlayMemories Home onto my Mac Book Pro with OS 10.9.5. Got as far downloading then sliding into Applications but can't open and continue. Assume it is locked out as non Apple app but can't figure out how to allow. Please help. Lots of pics to see
JA: When could you last open your PlayMemories?
Customer: Just got camera. Never used before. Trying to download
JA: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Unsure again this is first try to download an hour ago. Can't find the system preference Imused to "unlock" to allow non Apple apps.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thanks

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Do you get an error message when you try to open it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Try to coach me through it first please. I need to be able to do this in the future with other non Apple apps

Okay. Do you get an error message when you try to open it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Says PlayMemory Hom can't be installed on this computer. Again I am assuming there is a security guard through Apple software that is not allowing and I need to override

Please click the Apple at the top left of the screen and choose System Preferences. From there, click Security & Privacy, then click General. Here you can change the options for allowing downloaded apps to be opened.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I checked require password

Okay, now when you open it it should ask for a password ***** then open. Please give it a try.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Same thing. Also turned it off and clicked no password ***** and still didn't download.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Uh oh do I need you in my computer now��

It would be easiest for me to connect to see exactly what is going on.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. Do a good job.

Okay, please click this link and follow the instructions provided so I can connect: https://rickyk.screenconnect.com/?Session=c41add20-07d7-4d7d-9cdf-514ff486e9be

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Taking time to download

Alright, no problem.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You're in control
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I slid it into Application and tried it from there with a Control Rt click per on line advice. Nothing
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
please. Thank you !
Customer: replied 7 months ago.