Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ibook clamshell turning on, but not booting up???? The ibook…

Customer Question
ibook clamshell turning on...

ibook clamshell turning on, but not booting up????

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your iBook (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

The ibook use to boot up. But now i plug in the charger and press the button. But nothing happens???

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Well my charger is the original it turns green then orange.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

When the charger turns from green to orange it just means that electricity is flowing to the iBook, it SHOULD turn back to green when FULLY charged again... Could you tell me more about what you are observing? Does anything at all come up on the screen? beeps? etc

No bleeps. Still going from green to orange.
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Screen?

Many thanks, ***** ***** will not allow remote access
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Thats fine, I am not offering it, those are computer generated and I cannot see them, please ignore

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Again, does anything appear on your screen at all when you try to boot?