Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a ipad that was my dads. he past away last year and I…

Customer Question
I have a ipad...

I have a ipad that was my dads . he past away last year and I don't know his password. So I cleaned it out but it is set up in the cloud so now I can't get in at all. Is there anything I can do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My dad pass a way 1/2017 so I don't know when he changed his password.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

They want a password ***** reset his ipad and I don't know it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is the iPad asking you to activate it?

Please let me know

no
no thanks
hello are you still on line?

yes... can you reply to my initial question please?

as I am not clear on "no thanks"

it is not active right now. I tried to clean out his info but he set it up to the cloud and now it will not let me in without a password

ok, so it is then asking you to activate it.

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password

Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

I can't get the pass word from Apple because it was dad password ***** mine. I need to wipe clean the ipad so I can start over.

You cannot until you reset it, so you did my instructions but could not reset the password? Tou tried to reset the password ***** per my instructions?

I can't get in because it was DAD'S ipad not mine and I don't know what codes he used. So yes it didn't work.
hello are you still there?

If it did not work, you will need to take the iPad into an apple store any have it done in person, with photo id.

It is the only way you can now do this sorry