Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can not get in it. It has a black face with apple logo but…

Customer Question
Can not get in...

Can not get in it. It has a black face with apple logo but will go no further. I bought a new ipad and transferred my stuff, but my husband wants to use this mini , I need to reset it so he can program it for him. How do we do that?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I changed my password ***** but he will need a new password.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No didn't know about it. where do I find it

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Will he need an email account or a credit card

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 3 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

You can do a factory reset by putting the iPad into Recovery Mode and connecting it to iTunes to reset. Please give me a moment and I will provide you the instructions.

1. You will need to have latest version of iTunes installed on a PC. You can download it from iTunes.com
  2. After you have installed iTunes open the application on your PC.
  3. Turn off the iPad by holding the on/off button at the top. Hold until slide to power off appears then turn off.
  4. Then hold the on/off button and home button down together at the same time. Do not let go until you see the iTunes logo at the bottom of the iPad. You may have to hold both button for up to 1 minute.
  5. When the logo comes up, plug the iPad to the PC with iTunes already open.
  6. On the iTunes screen you will get a prompt to restore, click restore.
  7. That will restore the phone to factory settings.
  8. After it completes then finish the setup of the iPad.

Let me know the outcome and if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.

Any success with my instructions?

???