Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot recall my Mac password and cannot use the Terminal…

Customer Question
I cannot recall my...

I cannot recall my Mac password ***** cannot use the Terminal in the Recovery Mode to reset it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have recently installed the data from my 10 yr old Mac into a new Mac. The password ***** set 10 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Can I reset the administrator's password ***** my Mac that way. So... the answer is no I have not.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
4/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What happens when you try to use Terminal to reset it?

Please let me know