Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The pin wheel won’t stop spinning and I have tried Option +

Customer Question
The pin wheel won’t...

The pin wheel won’t stop spinning and I have tried Option + command+ esc and nothing is happening it continue to spin. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Mac or device?

A while ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I let the battery deplete an when I plugged it in it continued to spin.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/2/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Thank you