Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Keep getting a message to sign into the wrong Apple ID

Customer Question
Keep getting a message...

Keep getting a message to sign into the wrong Apple ID account

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

This month

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Keeps trying to make me sign into***@******.***

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

What type of device (such as an iPhone or Macbook) is displaying this issue?

I phone

Ok then next do the following:

Open the Settings app on your Apple device and select iTunes & App Store.
Next select the "Apple ID:***@******.***” text near the top of the screen
Select “Sign Out” in the pop-up that appears.
Next select to either:
- Log in to another Apple account that already exists by entering the login credentials for that account or
- Select to create a new Apple ID by selecting the “Create New Apple ID” button and follow the prompts.
Please let me know the result and if you need assistance with any of the steps.