Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

AFTER erase reset the device have trouble to activation

Customer Question
AFTER erase reset the...

AFTER erase reset the device have trouble to activation lock

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I talking about ipad

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

My situation is my iPad mini once erase perhaps because before I erase all the content data I forgot to lock out then now asked for activation lock and the email required is not the one I used on my icloud is very strange..

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can you help me how to activation lock if I have no idea for the password ***** that account? since I want to sale it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Apple device question.

If the email belongs to someone else, you will have to ask them for the activation lock password.

If there is a chance that the iPad is or was stolen (originally, or recently) then the rightful owner should be contacted, or the police if there is no evidence of who the rightful owner is. Esp. if it was bought from a pawnshop or the like.

Also try doing the erase reset again... be sure it is done, before attempting to re-activate.