Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an Ipad that I've had for years. Today it asked for…

Customer Question
I have an Ipad...

I have an Ipad that I've had for years. Today it asked for my original activiation password ***** user id. I have no idea and have tried every apple combination I have. HELP!!!!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I think it was in 2015 but not sure.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes. Today. That doesn't help because the ipad keeps asking for the original password ***** the lock activation was made.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there any way to work around it?

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 20 days ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Lets try the following steps to reset your apple id password, Go to the link below, enter your applie id.

https://iforgot.apple.com/

After entering your apple id, either answer your security questions and reset your password. Or , have an email sent to your email address. Then open your email and click the reset link inside that email to reset your password.

Once you have set a new password. Turn your device off, then back on and try to sign in with the apple id and the new password ***** just set.
If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I already did that and the iPad doesn't accept that. It is asking for the original I'D and password ***** first set up. I have no idea why it started alk this unless there was an update that caused it.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Will try this later. I have to leave home.

Do you know the original ID ?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Not sure. I have about four different IDs at Apple, plus another six or seven passwords. No combination seems to be working. Is there a way to reboot the system so I can make a new ID and password?
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 19 days ago

Apple Ids function like an anti theft mechanism, you ha ve to know the old apple id and password ***** order t o unlock the device, and delete the old apple id.

I suggest running through each of the possible apple ids, resetting the password ***** seeing which one will let you unlock the ipad.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Nothing has worked so far. Not a help.
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist