Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac Pro Laptop. I installed the iOS update last night. Now…

Customer Question
Mac Pro Laptop. I...

Mac Pro Laptop. I installed the iOS update last night. Now it won’t boot up.

Technician's Assistant: What version of iOS are you running on your Mac Pro?

I think it is 10.11.?? Sorry

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your Mac (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

No, have never needed to before. But I will try it now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I guess not.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 3 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is possible that the system files are corrupted. You can reinstall your Mac OS. Reinstalling OS won't delete any of your files. It will just replace the corrupted system files with new one and that should fix the problem.

Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS Utilities screen. From there, click Reinstall Mac OS. Then follow the instructions to reinstall your Mac OS.

If that didn't work, then restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command, Option and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to installation screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Okay, I’ve executed the ‘Command-R’ re-boot and re-installed the iOS. But, it is still not getting to the desk top. It is stuck with the Apple icon and the status bar completely filled in.
I’ve never had good look luck with non-Apple personnel remote accessing my computer.

Let's see if this is an issue related to your user account.

We can boot your Mac to a special mode called Single User Mode. Then type some commands/texts there which will force your Mac to bring the new account setup screen. So you can setup a brand new admin accountThis might seem a little difficult, but it is actually easy.

Follow the steps below to create a new User Account in Single User Mode.

• Turn off/shut down your Mac.

• Turn it on and immediately hold down the Command(Apple) and S keys together for 10 seconds to boot into Single User Mode

• When you see the text prompt, type in the following terminal commands to create a brand new Administrator account (hitting return after each line). Also, note down the spaces between the commands, like a space between mount and -, space between -uw and / etc

mount -uw /

rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

shutdown -h now

(If it returns any errors after any command above, then you are entering the commands incorrectly. Make sure you enter it correctly)

When you enter last command and press return, the Mac will shut down. So turn it back on, you should be able to create a brand new Administrator account (when creating the account, if you're asked to transfer information, select Don't transfer)

Login to new account. let me know

Were you able to login to new account?

Thank you for your help. I have moved on. Good bye.

You're most welcome ! You can transfer the contents of old account to the new one if you are able to create the new account. let me know if you need instructions for that.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you and excellent rating help me here.

Best Regards,