Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can not go in after an update. it says activation lock.

Customer Question
I can not go...

I can not go in after an update. it says activation lock. need to change password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No it won't let me do it on my computer

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

i tried to reset my password.

When you say "it won't let me do it on my computer" do you mean that the website does not display correctly on your screen? What happens when you try and go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

the computer goes to safari as if not connected.

Oh, I see, that sounds like a separate issue. Do you have another internet browser you can try such as chrome or firefox to try and reset your password *****? Let me know I can always remote into your computer but I would need you to have a working browser to do so.

no i just need to reset my password.
i paid my 5 bucks. can you help or not
i just downloaded foxfire

OK perfect. Try and open the following link in firefox.

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

no response
ok
safari can't open page

you have to copy and paste the link into firefox

safari is your default browser so it will continue to try and open the link so you have to do it manually.

Users/shantireynolds/Downloads/Mozilla%20Firefox%20Setup.dmg
sorry don't get it.
i dont understand what you are asking me to do.
are you there

ok safari does not seem to be opening the apple link we need you to get to so you can reset the password...

so therefore we were trying to get you to download and install another browser which you said you were installing firefox

did you finish installing Firefox?