Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad I have had three years wants to be activated. I kept…

Customer Question
My iPad I have...

My iPad I have had three years wants to be activated

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I kept getting messages and I ignored them can’t remember I’d or password

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Using my iPhone to contact you

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I can’t get into iPad to change it

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 26 days ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If you feel that you have forgotten your Apple ID password ***** would need to use another device or computer that can get onto the internet, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then once you have the password ***** you can try and sign into the iPad. If it does not work right away, you can try and restart the iPad and make sure you are connected to wifi.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

Please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Well now I just changed Apple ID on my phone. But that doesn’t help my iPad! Yes I’m a grandma not to savy with all this, but it’s my iPad I can’t get into

Don't worry GRandma I got your back. OK its good news you got your apple id password ***** now you need to try the same apple id password ***** your ipad. If it does not work don't worry you may just need to restart it and try again. Let me know.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The reply:The Apple ID cannot be used to unlock this ipad
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 25 days ago

OK wait. So on your iphone you mentioned you changed your apple id but did you mean you reset the apple id password? Yes or no?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I changed just password ***** phone. I had different I’d on phone than ipad

ah ha! That's the problem right there.

So we have to reset the password ***** that apple id on the iPad. You have to take that iPad apple id and go to that website I showed you again and reset that apple id. Here is the link again https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid So use the iPad apple id on this site and see if you can reset this apple id password ***** try and sign into your iPad.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
That’s been the problem from the start! I don’t know I’d on ipad

Doesn't it show a "hint" on what the apple id is on the ipad? For example if my apple id was***@******.***, then the hint it would show on the ipad would be j****@gmail.com

Your ipad doesn't show the letter with the *** next to it

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I can’t figure it out!

does it at least show one letter in the apple id on the ipad? It's probably an old email you may have used in the past?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Actually it says s*****@aol.com I don’t have but one email it’s***@******.***
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I never understood why it kept saying “ verify password ********@******.***
is not an apple id but do you know of any other that may start with s?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No my name is***** this is a work ipad got it on first day, not sure why it is doing this. I tried everything, that’s why I’m seeking help
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I tried resetting the password ********@******.*** but said not a valid email, but that is what my iPad kept saying so I hit ignore. Until it locked me out

Your only hope is to try force restart the iPad and if that doesn't work to erase the iPad which puts it back to original factory settings but we're going to hope it doesn't come up with the apple id and password ***** it doesn't exist according to apple.

First here is how to force a restart - this does not erase any data.

Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds but don’t let go when you see the apple logo.

If you still can't sign in or the same issue occurs, you can erase it clean. However, keep in mind this does erase everything on the iPad so if its a work iPad I just wanted you to know. You will also need a computer and iTunes installed. If it's from work they may be able to help you with this process.

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds but don’t let go when you see the apple logo. Hold these buttons until you see the iTunes logo and cable icon. See pic attached to this message.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose to restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

Normally erasing an iPad like this does not erase the prompt of asking the apple id and password ***** this is different as normally apple doesn't consider apple id's non-existent like this one.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
You were no help.
Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast