Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac Pro, it’s frozen. It does noe. It does not respond

Customer Question
Mac Pro, it’s frozen ...

Mac Pro, it’s frozen

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Force Quit on your frozen Mac Pro (pressing and holding Option, Command, and Escape)?

It does noe

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It does not respond

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 3 months ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Welcome to justanswer.com a fee based Answer site. My name is ***** ***** verified Mac Expert not affiliated with Apple. Please reply to continue.

If this is a MacPro and not a MacBook Pro unplug the power for 10 minutes then plug it back in.Let me know

I left the computer on until it died. Next morning I charged it and it started working again.

OK I would reset the SMC and the PRAM just to be sure. To reset the SMC shut down then unplug the Mac Pro from power for 10 minutes then

2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need them in step 4.

3. Turn on the computer.

4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.

5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts at least twice.

6. Release the keys.

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above or I don't get paid. You can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!