Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have forgotten my password, MacBook Pro, macOSsierra

Customer Question
I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my password

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

MacBook Pro

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

MacOSsierra 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

A month or more. I have tried a few items I thought might be me password ***** as Kalevala but no luck

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just want to retrievempassword

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

To recover your Apple ID account and reset the password, please open a web browser on your computer and navigate to: iforgot.apple.com

Where prompted, enter your Apple ID (which is probably your email address). You will also need to enter some text to prove you are not a robot. (Tip: if you can't read the text, just keep clicking until you can.)

The next step will depend on the type of security you have set up for your Apple account. If you have set up two-step verification or two-factor authentication this will involve receiving details via another device.

If you haven't set up either of these extra levels of security it will be a case of getting an email or answering some security questions.

Hope that helps! If you need additional assistance, please let us know :-)

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!