Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It’s not my device.It is some problem with unauthorized

Customer Question
It’s not my device.It...

It’s not my device.It is some problem with unauthorized purchase and my account being locked,and a page that is asking for all kinds of information that I never had to give before,such as my passport number,my mother’s maiden name,address,drivers license number,phone number,that Apple already has on file.A 99 dollar purchase was made today at 240 pm,,Dawn of the Titans,,I don’t play or buy games,I have purchased a few cheaper games for my son in the past,but nothing expensive as this,more like in the 4 or 5 dollar range.After I entered my password ***** says account locked,and then asks me for all of these ever before identity questions.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

First of last week I also updated and changed my phone number

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I reset because account being locked and changed phone number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Does Apple have an identity verification page that really asks all these very personal questions.?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

You mention "it's not my device" but then are wondering why it's asking you all these questions? It also sounds like you have a couple issues happening all at once but first, we should confirm if this is your device or not and what you're actually trying to accomplish. It also sounds like your getting asked apple id and password ***** but then you did reset the password ***** not sure if that already helped that are not. So let's just start with the question of is this your device and what you're trying to do at this point and then go from there. Let me know.

Thanks.

I don’t need your help,thanks anyways.Please disregard.

Ok no problem just glad your fixed. Take care.