Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Apple ID has been disabled; what do I need to do? I donta…

Customer Question
Hello, my Apple ID...

Hello, my Apple ID has been disabled; what do I need to do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I donta remember

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No Thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

What is Apple device currently disabled like an iPad, iPod, iPhone 5, 6,7, 8 and is it sidabled from trying the apple id and password ***** does it also ask for a passcode which is 4 to 6 digits?

It is disabled on my iPhone 8

If it is disabled and If you feel that you have forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then once you have the password ***** you can try and sign into the iPhone. If it does not work right away, you can try and restart the iPhone and make sure you are connected to wifi.

If that does not work and it is still disabled, you will need to erase the phone and put it into recovery mode and do the following:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. See pic attached to this message.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose to restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

Please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.