Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Have an NEX5R and need to update the camera firmware prior…

Customer Question
Have an NEX5R and...

Have an NEX5R and need to update the camera firmware prior to updating the drivers. I am running a MAC air. I can download the program from Sony but when I try to install it I can't. the window to enter your password *****'t come up.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not recently..

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

On your Mac click the Apple menu then About this Mac and check the OSX version. If the version is 10.10 or 10.11 you must either update OSX or download the Mac OSX Driver Loader which you can find at the following link:

click here

Running the OS Driver Loader will enable you to update the firmware.

Do you still need assistance?