Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone 6s got smashed. I now have an iPhone 7. I can’t…

Customer Question
My iPhone 6s got...

My iPhone 6s got smashed. I now have an iPhone 7. I can’t get any music, can’t sign into Wi-Fi and can’t get any of my pictures. Could I take out the SIM card from my old phone and insert it in this one? I feel like that could not possibly be the solution and I’m really freaking out because I’ve got pictures from my daughter’s birth into thousand and three onto now

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Very recently. My Apple ID is***@******.*** and my password ***** (I think) abbyMay5

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, I don’t know anything about that and here’s something I know is a big no-no – my daughter and I share the same Apple ID, which is different from what I just told you. It is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I am a cluster f.***. When it comes to passwords and I’m sorry, this is my fault but I would so much appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you for being so nice

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening! I'm sorry it has taken so long for us to respond to your question. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to try and help.

As you suspected, no data is stored on the SIM card...so a swap wouldn't help. Do you happen to know whether you had iCloud Backup enabled on your old iPhone 6s? If so, restoring all that you're missing would come down to simply making sure you're signing into the new phone using the same Apple ID as you used on the iPhone 6s (and restoring an iCloud backup during the setup process).

One way to check whether your files are backed up is to login to iCloud.com using either of your Apple IDs, and then click on Photos to see if your missing photos are there. If so, great! We can get them back on your iPhone pretty easily. If not, try signing in with your other Apple ID to see if they're there, instead.

Please let me know about the above and we'll go from there!

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!