Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I lost my iPhone today....do you have a phone locator

Customer Question
I lost my iPhone...

I lost my iPhone today....do you have a phone locator process

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Whatever it came with

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I went to the library and a store and asked if it was turned in...negative...I had the phone in my posession before I left home

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

I recommend that you login to www.icloud.com and use the FIND MY IPHONE UTILTIY. Here's how to do that:

1. Log into your www.icloud.com account. at www.icloud.com.
  2. Click on Find My iPhone in the main menu. Note: You may be asked to enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. Click on All Devices.
  4. Click ton your iPhone. If it is currently turned on you should be able to locate it.
  5. You can zoom in on the map to narrow down the location, or you can choose to PLAY A SOUND. put it into LOST MODE, or REMOTELY ERASE it.
  • Play A Sound can be useful if you know it is nearby but need help locating the exact position.
  • Lost mode allows you to enter a phone number that will be displayed on the screen of your lost device. Someone can then use this number to call if they find the device.
  • Erase mode is helpful if you are pretty sure that you won't be able to retrieve the device, and you're worried about someone accessing your private data

Please give this a try and let me know the results. ​If this doesn't work for you please let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. If you have any other questions or if you need more help, just let me know. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.