Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm getting a flashing password dialogue box when I open…

Customer Question
I'm getting a flashing...

I'm getting a flashing password ***** box when I open iTunes on my Samsung laptop running Windows 10 (64 bit version). I've already tried some of the other on-line solutions (including stopping and restarting my wifi, uninstalling all apple components and then reinstalling iTunes).

Technician's Assistant: Did you click Start and open the Programs control panel to uninstall the iTunes?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

When you try and open iTunes on your windows 10 pc, you mention it prompts you with a password ***** Is it asking for your apple id password?

I think Inactually solved it. In answer to your question, as soon as I opened itunes, I got a dialogue box that contained nothing except the word “Password” which was rapidly flashing. I could only stop it by stopping the program with Task Manager. I did a reinstall using repair but got the same thing. I finally turned off my Dashlane password ***** and iTunes behaves correctly. I’m not sure if they were related but assume so.

Oh good job, yes that sounds like you did fix it. Congrats. Maybe you should work as an expert as well! Take care.