Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ipod touch has been disable "due to security reasons" Approx…

Customer Question
Ipod touch has been...

Ipod touch has been disable "due to security reasons"

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPod?

Approx 2 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iPod?

Went online, put in name and password, but could not access my icloud email to get the security code needed to reset it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just need to be able to get into ipod so I can enter my grandmother's WiFi password ***** get internet access on my ipod

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

thank you...

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally. Plus, in this case we can not remote into mobile devices anyways so we can chat through these messages instead.

Okay

Usually, apple devices are either locked by a passcode (4 to 6 digits) or an apple id and password ***** both. Therefore, depending on what you have. I can supply you the specific instructions.

If it has not shown either one but it shows disabled, you would need to plug it into a computer running the iTunes app so we can try and update the device but if that fails we would have to restore/erase the phone back to factory settings while it is in recovery mode.

I can get pass the home screen by putting in my 4-digit code. Then it gives me the following prompt:
A password ***** ***** to activate this device because its owner has used find my iphone to link it to their Apple ID. If this is your device, enter the apple id and password ***** used to set up icloud.

OK this is your ipod correct? If so we just need to make sure you know your apple id and password ***** make sure it's correct.

Are you chatting with me on a computer currently?

it is. I am at my grandmother's house for Easter holiday. She used her email and her phone number so she can help me if she needs to. Do I need to plug my ipod into her computer?
Do you want me to tell you my user ID and passcode right now?

You dont have to plug it into the computer just yet, but when the ipod asks for the apple id and password ***** its not working it sounds like we need to reset the password.

I am not allowed to ask for personal information here so if you can do me a favor and go to

go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then once you have the password ***** you can try and sign into the ipod. If it does not work right away, you can try and restart the ipod and make sure you are connected to wifi.

okay, just tell me what you want me to do because "reset password" is not an option on my ipod screen
okay
When I sign into my email, this is the prompt I get:
This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons.
You must unlock your account before signing in.
Go Back Unlock Account
you see, it won't even let me get into my email without unlocking the account.
It did not give text as an option. It only gives email and security questions. I used my grandmothers phone number so I could use her phone to retrieve the messages regarding resetting the password, but there is not a texting option. Are you still with me here?
are you still with me?
When I tried to go the security questions route, it told me my birthday was incorrect. I entered mm/dd but it did not recognize that either. I get the following prompt after putting in my birthdate:
‎10/15
Your answer does not match the security information on file.
Hey, do you want me to request another expert?

I will go ahead and opt out so another expert can assist.

Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 2 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!