Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Turned on the iPad, the screen had an encrypted message all…

Customer Question
Turned on the iPad...

Turned on the iPad, the screen had an encrypted message all over then went black

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your device (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

I am plugging it in. At this point I will try charging and try that again. It would not do anything after the screen went black.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Mac
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 23 days ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First, we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Only reset if you know the passcode to unlock the screen of your device.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPad or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The only that shows up is the battery icon

That means it doesn't have charge. Charge it for 20 minutes and then try the reset again. If that didn't work, then connect it to your computer and then reset again

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I will wait a few more minutes. Should I connect to my laptop?

Yes, if it is not charging from power. Charge it from the laptop for 20 minutes.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The apple logo came up . I pressed both buttons, it went black and now the apple is back but had a really weird looking screen. Now the battery icon is back

What does the screen looks like when it turn on?

What do you mean encrypted message prior to the problem? How did it look like?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
First it was white with the apple, went black. Apple logo cam up several time, just did again,and one time the background had weird small encrypted background with apple. Black creed now

I'm afraid we are dealing with an hardware issue. There is a way to check it.

How old is this iPad?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
2 years this past December

Charge it for 30 more minutes from your computer. Then disconnect the iPad and reset again. Let me know if it turns on

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Unplugged, screen is black. If I hold down the buttons I get the battery icon. Was flashing some during the half hour.

I'm sorry, this is a hardware issue since it doesn't work on reset or recovery from the computer. It is possible that either the battery or the internal board has failed.

You need to take it to the Apple Store to get it checked and replaced/fixed. If it is the internal board, then it will be costly to replace the board. So if it is the board, you may consider buying a new iPad instead of fixing it as the iPad is already two years old and fixing the board may cost up to the price of a new iPad.

All your data should be on www.icloud.com

You can see some of them via www.icloud.com

I know you're looking for a solution, but this is something that can't be fixed online as it require hardware fix. If you are not satisfied with my service, please don't rate me bad or poor or OK or anything. You don't have to rate anything if you are not satisfied and you can close this page without rating.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you have any ques

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you.

You're welcome!

Ashik, Mac Technician