Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Its locked and my username is no longer valid because it was…

Customer Question
Its locked and my...

Its locked and my username is ***** ***** valid because it was the email used when I was working and now I'm retired.is there a way to change it?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably 2 or 3 yrs ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I was not aware of a reset tool. Can I do it on my locked I pad or do I have to use my phone. I'm a senior and not to computer literate ☺️

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

What type of phone do you have? Is it an iPhone or Android phone? Even though you used your previous work email for your Apple id, did you provide your own information for the account, including billing information?

It's on my iPad.

I apologize for the delay. I was tied up with another customer when you responded.

Your Apple id and password ***** used for all Apple devices (iPods, iPads, iPhones, Apple TV, Mac computers, etc) and all Apple products including iTunes, and iCloud. Your ID is usually an email address. Please open a web browser and go to https://appleid.apple.com. Click on FORGOT APPLE ID OR PASSWORD. Enter your email address and then type in the letters that you see in the CAPTCHA box. Click on CONTINUE and then follow the instructions on the screen to reset your password. Obviously, you won't be able to access an email, but hopefully you set up a phone number that you can receive a text at, and/or setup "security questions" that you can answer.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know.

If that doesn't work for you, you can also call 1-***-***-****. If you can provide enough personal info (including full name on account, billing address, and possibly billing info) they can help you with regaining access to your account.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. If you have any other questions or if you need more help, just let me know. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!